Motorola Droid Razr got an update namely Black Widow Custom ROM firmware which is a featured ROM and won the hearts of many users. This ROM comes to the similar lines as that of AOPK build which has been great in terms of features and stability.
Also readers need to be aware that this is not an official firmware and developed by a third party developer. Also, the ROM is developed on Android ICS 4.0.4 platform.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Motorola Droid Razr with Black Widow Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Motorola Droid Razr. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Update Motorola Droid Razr with Black Widow Custom ROM Firmware
- Grab the Black Widow Custom ROM Firmware package & Google Apps Zip from here to your Computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer.
- Move the downloaded ROM to your Phone.
- Turn off your phone to enter into recovery mode.
- To enter the same, press and hold Volume Up or down button + Power button. Now press Volume down to select recovery and after that, press Volume Up to enter your Motorola Droid Razr into recovery mode.
- As you enter into recovery mode, Select ‘install ZIP from SD card’ and then ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and select the Black Widow ROM and Google Apps package you copied to your phone earlier and confirm installation on the next screen.
- The update would complete within 5 minutes.
- Once the update is completed, you would land back to the main recovery menu. And there, you need to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and then ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ on the next screen.
- Once it’s done, select go back option and then reboot system now.
- And you have successfully accommodated the update.
Now when your Phone boots up, you would be running Black Widow ROM on your Motorola Droid Razr Android device.