Over the period of this article you will find the instructions to update Nokia Lumia 610 with Windows Phone 7.8.
This update works well in various countries. You can install this instruction in Nokia Lumia 710 and 800 models also.
Disclaimer : Best android blog would not held responsible/liable for any damages takes to your device by following this procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- We strongly advice you to take backup of all your internal datas with the help of backup applications. Just in case, if you lost your datas due to any reasons, you could recover them with the help of backups.
- Once you have created the backup, you need to enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Ensure that the USB Debugging option is ticked.
- You should left the battery level of atleast 60% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your device to avoid its interruption during the firmware update.
A) Download the firmware:
- First download the Navifirm from here and extract it to your desktop in a folder named Navifirm.
- And Open the Navifirm and choose by server: Nokia care suite.
- Now Browse for your phone’s model number
- Then download the firmware according to that.
- For downloading it will take upto 10 minutes wait until the process has been over.
- So, once you downloaded successfully, go to the Fw folder and stay there!
B) Flashing the firmware:
- Now, download and install the Nokia Care Suite 5.0 from here.
- After that open the application launcher and from there choose (Product support tool for store 5.0).
- Now connect your Nokia Lumia 610 to your PC and leave it powered on!
- Go the file and open the product type in RM-835 and choose the device and then by no connection choose USB1 RM-835 and click on the sync button.
- Now click on the tab programming and choose recovery.
- In the down right corner you see download progress and behind that a green squere click on the arrow behind the green squere and choose ”open data package location”.
- Now the folder should be empty. After that go to the Navifirm folder and copy all the files inside the Fw folder to the folder from Nokia care suite!
- Do not forget to click on update list.
- After you done that click in Nokia care suite on the 1066.0000.8858.12470 firmware and click on start your phone will shut down and the screen will stay black.
Wait for the progress to be done and your phone will have WP7.8!
Incoming search terms:
- How to Update Lumia 610
- how to update nokia 610
- nokia lumia 610 update
- USB debugging in Nokia Lumia 610?
- how to update Nokia lumia 610
- how to amber update lumia 610
- nokia care window 7 8 update