Over a period of this article we will be checking out on how to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone with Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware along with the list of features and quick pre requisites.
Unfortunately, there is no ETA on by when there will be the Jellybean 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 firmware version will be out officially but full credits will goes to the Root Box team, bajee11 who works constantly to make this custom ROM firmware.
The foremost thing before start to apply this firmware update is you need to ensure whether your device is rooted or not. You can check the same with the help of “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded from Google PLAY Store. Suppose your device is not rooted then do that immediately after that you need to download and install the “ROM Manager” app from Google PLAY Store.
Features of Root Box Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware:
- T9 Dialer
- Cherry picked fixes from CM
- HSPA+ Support
- Based on JB 4.1.2 – Built from RootBox Sources (Teamhacksung, CM & AOKP)
- AOKP Features
- OTA Update
- A2DP Support
- ExTweaks integrated in Settings – if ExTweaks installed in /system/app
- Init.d Support
Pre requisites to Update Root Box Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware in Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Smartphone:
- Before start to apply this update in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300, we highly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Contacts, APNs settings etc). Just in case, if your data gets lost or corrupted due to any reasons you can get back everything with the help of backup.
- So, once you have created the backup move them all to your computer/ laptops so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 30% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your device because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Finally, you will be requiring the external SD Card with almost 1 GB of free space so that the custom ROM firmware package can be placed in the same.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned steps then head over to the next step given below; there we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone.
DISCLAIMER : Update this firmware at your own risk. We and even the developer should not be held responsible or liable for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update Root Box Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware in Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Smartphone:
- First download the Root Box Jellybean 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware and Google apps package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your device to the computer with the help of USB cable and place the two downloaded zip file in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 device.
- Once you have placed, disconnect the device from the computer and turn OFF the same so that it can be entered into the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 device can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + Home key button (i.e the middle button) while holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Just in case, if your device starts normally, then you will need to retry the process until it enter into the recovery mode.
- Alternatively, you can also use ROM Manager app to enter your device into recovery mode.
- After that select “install zip from SD card” > “Choose Zip from internal SD card” and then choose the Root Box Jellybean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware package along with the Google APPS Package which you have placed in your phone.
- Once you have selected, it will take around 5 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the update is applied, select the option of “Go Back” and “Reboot System now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- Please make a note that, as it is a first reboot, it will take more time than the expected time.
TIP : Just in case, if your device gets stuck into the boot loop sequence or get stuck in the welcome screen, all you need to do is reinsert the battery and refollow the all above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations! you have now successfully learnt how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 android smartphone with the latest Root Box JellyBean 4.1.2 firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- how to move setup in 4 1 2 jellybean samsung root phone