Here is the one good news for Samsung Galaxy GT I9000 users and owners. Now, they can update their device with Stable Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware. This firmware is built on JROO3L Jellybean built and ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 RC12.1 firmware version.
The best part of this firmware is it almost look like the stock/ default firmware of Galaxy Nexus smartphone and you can revert back to the original/stock firmware at any point of time. Please be informed that this is not an official firmware update released by Samsung; it was developed by the XDA recognized developer iall5tar who has come out with this update.
As this is a custom ROM firmware, you need to root your device, just in case if you are not sure whether your device is rooted or not you may download the “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store. If your device is not rooted then you need to root the same to apply this update.
Pre requisites to update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Super Stable Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware:
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side before trying anything new on your device, so create a backup for all your precious data’s which was available in your phone. Just in case, if your data gets lost due to any reasons you could easily recover them with the help of backup.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 30% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000; because it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
Finally, make sure whether you have done all the above mentioned instructions properly, after that head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Samsung GalaxyS GT I9000 with S3 Super Stable Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Super Stable Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware:
- Initially, you have to download Google Apps Package and Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware package from here to your computer.
- So, once you have downloaded, you need to connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable and then place zip file in your device internal memory. Make sure that, you don’t kept the zip file deep inside the sub folder.
- Once, you have placed disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 you need to disconnect the phone and simply turn OFF the device so that it can be entered into the recovery mode. For that you need to press the Volume Up Key, Center button and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In the recovery mode, you have to select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition which will clear out all the cache data present in your device, if you skip this step then you may face issues like force close issues in your phone.
- After that select “install zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from SD card” and then choose the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware package along with Google apps package to select “Yes” with the help of Volume rocker keys and menu button.
- Once you have selected, installation will begin within few minutes. Once the update is applied, select “Go Back” and then “reboot system now”.
Congrats! now you’ve successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 android device with super stable Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- Samsung galaxy S original GT-I9000