The Omega 27.2 version firmware is now been rolled out for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 device. It is one of the most stable firmware comes with the stock like theme and other important tweaks which are very handy.Please be informed that it is a custom ROM firmware not official firmware released by Samsung.
As this is a custom ROM firmware you need to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 device. To check on whether your device is rooted or not you may download the “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store. If your device is not rooted then do that immediately, once you root your device then download the “ROM Manager” app also from Google PLAY Store.
Before start to proceed, you have to follow the pre requisites which we have given below to update this firmware successfully and safely in your device.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Omega v27.2 Jellybean 4.1.1 custom ROM firmware:
- We strongly recommends you to take backup of all your valuable datas before start to apply this update. Just in case, if your data gets lost or corrupted due to any reasons you can easily recover your datas with the help of backup.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 30% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your device because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- You will be requiring the external SD card with almost 1 GB of free space so that the custom ROM firmware package can be placed in the same.
Finally, make sure whether you have performed all the above mentioned instructions properly, after that head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Omega v27.2 Jellybean 4.1.1 custom ROM firmware.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Omega v27.2 Jellybean 4.1.1 custom ROM firmware:
- First, download the Omega v27.2 custom ROM firmware package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your external SD card and not in your phone memory.
- Once you have placed, disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 device from computer and turn OFF the same so that it can enter into the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (i.e the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Just in case, your device starts turns ON in the normal mode, you need to retry the process until it enter into the recovery mode. Alternatively, with the help of ROM Manager app also you can enter into recovery mode.
- So, once you entered into the recovery mode, there you need to select “install zip from SD card” > “custom zip from internal SD card” and then choose the Omega Custom ROM firmware package which you have already placed in external SD card memory.
- Once you have select it will take around 5 minutes to apply this update. After applying this update you need to select the option “Go Back” and “Reboot System Now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Once, your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 android device is rebooted it would be running on Omega v27.2 Jellybean 4.1.1 custom ROM firmware.