One of the best part of this firmware is that it is an official firmware and not the beta or the leaked ones. Though there is no ETA on by when there will be an official date on by when this will be rolled out, but you can expect for the roll out in coming months.
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side before you start to try anything new on your device. So, we strongly advice you to take backup of all your internal datas with the help of backup applications. Just in case, if you lost your data due to any reason after updating the firmware, you could easily recover them.
- And also make sure whether your device battery level is atleast 60% to avoid the risk of your device getting switched off during the middle of the updating process.
- Then Disable or Uninstall all the antivirus suites that you have installed in your mobile and computer. Because this may interrupt the process.
- Then finally enable the USB Debugging option by following the path Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging.
DISCLAIMER : Best android blog would not held responsible/liable for any damages takes to your device by following this procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
Procedure to Update:
2. Once downloaded connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your Galaxy S3′s external SD card.
3. After that disconnect your device and turn off the phone and enter into the download mode.
4. For that you need to press the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off.
5. Just in case, your device starts into the normal mode, instead of download mode then you need to try until it enter into the download mode. Or else you could not proceed the further steps.
6. After that open the Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy S3 while it is in the download mode. After a minute, the ID:COM section will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
TIP : Just in case, the ID:COM Section doesn’t turn yellow, install the USB drivers in your computer and go to the path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
7. After that Click on the PDA to select the tar file and then select the option of “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. Once the update is applied successfully, the device will be rebooted.
8. Please note that it may take more than 5-6 minutes for applying the update and to reboot since it has to finalize all the data and apps.
9. Once the device shows up the home screen, go to the path “Settings > About Phone” there the current firmware version is mentioned as Jellybean 4.1.2.
That’s it you’ve successfully updated your device with the latest Jellybean XXELKC Firmware which ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.