Over this period of article we will be checking out on how to update the Sony Xperia Pro android smartphone with Pacman Custom Rom firmware which ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Actually, this Pacman Custom Rom Firmware is made from three firmwares such as Paranoid, AOKP & Cyanogen Mod.
Please be informed that this is not an official firmware released by SONY but is a custom ROM firmware update released by the XDA Recognized developer mang.agoest. As this is a custom ROM firmware you need to root your device. Unless until you could not update this firmware.
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side before you start to try anything new on your device. So, we strongly advice you to take backup of all your internal datas with the help of backup applications. Just in case, if you lost your data due to any reason after updating the firmware, you could easily recover them.
- And also make sure whether your device battery level is atleast 75% to avoid the risk of your device getting switched off during the middle of the updating process.
- Then Disable or Uninstall all the antivirus suites that you have installed in your mobile and computer. Because this may interrupt the process.
- Then finally enable the USB Debugging option by following the path Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging.
- Finally, make sure you have installed the latest version of PC companion in your computer so as to make sure that all the drivers are installed.
DISCLAIMER :Best android blog would not held responsible/liable for any damages takes to your device by following this procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
Procedure to Update Sony Xperia Pro with Pacman Custom ROM firmware:
- Initially you have download the Pacman custom ROM firmware package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip files in your device. Once the file is placed, disconnect the device from the computer.
- Download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store and flash the Clock Work Mod Recovery in your Sony Xperia Pro device.
- Once the Clock Work Mod recovery is flashed, you will now need to select the option of “Reboot into Recovery Mode” for rebooting the device in the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode you need to select the option of “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Pacman Custom ROM Firmware package which you have placed already in the phone.
- Once the file is placed it will take around 3-4 minutes for applying the update. Once the update is applied, select “Go Back” and reboot system now, for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- If you want to check whether your device is updated or not just go to the path “Settings > About Phone” there the current firmware version is mentioned.
Congratulations! You’ve now successfully updated the Pacman Jellybean 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware in your Sony Xperia Pro.