The Sprint Galaxy S3 users are now getting the Jelly Bean update for their smartphone. The android 4.1 Jelly bean brings a host of improvements along with some exciting new features for your Sprint Galaxy S3.
Over the period of this article we are guiding you how to update your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III to Jellybean.
Important: We should not held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Sprint Galaxy S III to Jellybean:
- This process will wipe all your datas which was present in your phone (not in the SD card) so we recommend you to take backup of all your datas using Titanium backup before start to proceed.
- To do this process you will also need an external SD card so make ready for that with enough free space.
- Charge your battery fully or make sure the charge level is atleast 70% because if the battery level is low there is a chance to switch off your device during the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your Sprint Galaxy S III by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- And finally we recommend you to disable the antivirus and firewall in your Computer as well as in your Sprint Galaxy S III because this may interrupt in the process.
How to Update Sprint Galaxy S III to Jellybean:
- To start the process, you need to put your phone in the download mode first after that extract the files within “Samsung-updates.com.zip” to somewhere you can find them.
- Then open up Odin, check PDA, then click on the “PDA”, then click on the and navigate to the “KIES_HOME_L710VPALI3_L710SPRALI3_1092716_REV03_us er_low_ship.tar.md5” file that your extracted from the zip before.
- Now, tap the run option. This process will perform a factory reset on your phone and bring your phone completely back to stock.
- Once your phone has completely rebooted and Odin has finished, transfer the “eec955eb4a5b.update_SPH-L710_LI3_to_LJ7.zip” file over to the ROOT, or center, of your external SD card.
- Then Turn OFF your phone for that you need to Hold the Home button, Volume down button and Power button until the warning screen appears.
- Press the volume key to confirm the risk then once in download mode navigate to “apply update from external SD card” and then find the update file, and run it.
Congratulations! your Sprint Galaxy S III smartphone now be running on Jellybean.