The users of the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone can now update their device with the latest custom ROM firmware which titled as Thebyani custom ROM firmware. It is based on the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.As of now, there is no ETA on by when there will be an official firmware update. But above said custom ROM firmware has been released and will give many interesting features.
Full credits will goes to the developers for coming out with this firmware update. Over the period of this article we will guide you how to apply this update in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone along with list of features of Thebyani custom ROM firmware and quick pre requisites.
CAUTION : You should apply this firmware only for I9100 Samsung Galaxy S2 model and not for S2 I9100G model of smartphone. You can check your device model from the path “Settings > About Phone”.
Pre requisites to Update Thebyani custom ROM firmware in Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone:
- Before start to proceed we strongly recommend you to take complete backup of all your precious data’s which was available in your phone. Because there is a risk of your datas getting wiped off after apply this update.
- Don’t backup the data with the help of ROM Manager because it may brick the device.
- Once you have created backup move them all to the computer or laptop so that they are safe.
- After creating backup download the Root Checker app from Google PLAY Store and check whether your phone is rooted or not. If your device is not rooted do that immediately because, this is a custom ROM firmware so you can apply this firmware only on the rooted device.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 30% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your device because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that USB Debugging option is ticked.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned steps then head over to the next step given below; there we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 androidsmartphone.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update Thebyani custom ROM firmware in Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone:
- First download the Thebyani custom ROM firmware package from here to your computer.
- Once it has been downloaded,connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the same in your device. Make sure that you are not placing the files deep inside the subfolders.
- Once the file is placed, disconnect the phone from computer and turn OFF the device from computer so that it can be entered into the recovery mode.
- To enter into the recovery mode you need to enter by holding the Volume Up button + Home key button (middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/ factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Just in case, if your device starts normally, then you have to retry the same process until it enter into the recovery mode.
- Alternatively, you can also use the ROM Manager app to enter the device in the recovery mode. You can download the same from Google Play Store.
- After that select the option, “Go Back” and select “install zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from SD card” and then choose the Thebyani custom ROM Firmware Package which you have already placed in your phone.
- Once you have selected, you have to wait until the process of update has been finished.
- Once the process is applied, select the “Go Back” option and select the “reboot system” now for rebooting the Galaxy S2.
Once your device is rebooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 android phone will be running on Thebyani custom ROM firmware.