Most of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus users faced the SD Card format issue after upgrading their device with Android 4.2. The reason behind this is; after upgrading to 4.2 the SDcard format changed due to the addition of the multi-user feature and because of this users were having issues with many “o” folders being created in their SDcard when they flashed new ROMs in recovery, the recoveries were updated but the problem existed for many users.
The XDA Senior Member k786 gives a solution for this problem. His guide will help you to keep the internal storage as data/media instead of the new format data/media/0. Let us take a look on that.
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Next Backup all your internal storage before start to proceed, because this will wipe your datas completely.
- Make sure your device battery level is atleast 60%
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your device, because this may interrupt the process.
How to Proceed:
1. Using the toolkit flash the takju 4.2 Google image
2. After you have completed the setup using your PC then transfer the internal storage backup to data/media and if there is a 0/0 delete it
3. After that flash the TWRP Recovery
4. After that again flash any 4.2 ROM of your choice and your SD Card will stay in data/media.