HTC Explorer, the low budget phone from HTC get some love from Developer community. Unofficial Build of CyanogenMod 9 is available for HTC Explorer. CyanogenMod 9 is based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and it brings all ICS and other CM goodness to HTC Explorer.
Please be informed that, you should flash this ROM only in the International HTC Explorer/Pico. So, don’t try to flash on any other phone.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that takes place to your device by following this procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- Phone must be rooted and CWM installed on it.
- Make sure that your phone is charged atleast 70%
- Then backup all your personal data, because this method will wipe everything from your phone but not in SD card.
- Then download the ROM zip and Google apps from here.
- Once you downloaded ROM zip file and Google apps zip file create a folder with name of “root” and copy both the files which you downloaded to root of your SD card.
- Then disconnect your phone from PC and boot it into recovery mode. For that you need to press the volume up + Home button + Power buttons.
- Now, recovery mode is open and select.
- From Main menu, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and then select ‘Yes’.
- Select ‘Wipe data & cache’ and then select ‘Yes’.
- Now go to ‘select zip from SD Card’ option and then select ‘Choose zip from sdcard’. Go on Root folder and select the CM9 ROM zip file you copied in SD card.
- Wait for process to complete. After installation is finished, now flash Google apps in a similar way (No need to clear cache).
- Go back to main menu and select ‘Reboot now’ to reboot your phone in normal mode.
That’s it. Now, You’ve successfully installed CyanogenMod 9 ROM on HTC Explorer.
Incoming search terms:
- how to update android 2 3 5 to android 4 0
- how to upgrade android 2 3 5 to 4 0
- android 2 3 5 update
- android 4 0 firmware upgrade by SD card
- how to upgrade android 2 3 5
- upgrade android 2 3 5 to 4 0
- upgrade android 4 1 2 to 4 3 copy to sd root