In this tutorial you will find how to upgrade Huawei Ascend from Android 2.1 OS to 2.3.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
Instructions to Upgrade:
- First download the given below files to your computer.
- Once you downloaded, then move them all to your phone’s SD Card.
- Then Download the Application Installer from the android marketplace for free. We prefer “AppInstaller”.
- Once you downloaded the above mentioned things, you need to root your phone by installing the Z4Root file. Open your application installer and find Z4 Root where ever you placed onto your SD card, install the Z4Root.
- The phone will restart on its own. The phone is now rooted.
- Next you need to download clockwork recovery from the android marketplace. Both free version and a paid version is available. But free version is enough.
- After downloading the app, open it and under the second tab of the app choose the reboot into recovery option.
- The phone will restart itself and a black screen with blue/green text will appear, it is recommended to create a backup before installing anything new.
- Next, Choose the “wipe data/factory reset” option and click yes. Then choose the “wipe cache partition” option and click yes again. Lastly, click the “advanced” option then scroll down to “wipe Dalvik Cache” and choose yes again.
- Once you have wiped the three files, choose the “Install from zip” option, then “choose Zip from SD Card” option. (You should have the Android 2.3, gapps and Metro backup Files on your zip already, If not, put the two files onto your SD card then repeat the last step).
- Then scroll down to the “Cm7-Ascend-05142011” option, the new operating system will now be installed onto your phone.
- After that choose the “MetrOFF.v1.1-MMS-[GB]-[CM_AOSP]” option. This fixes a bug that caused users to not send multimedia messages properly.
- Now, choose the “gapps-gb-20110307-signed-1.zip”, this installs all of the Google apps onto your phone.
- After installing the Gapps file, choose the “reboot system now” option. Your phone now has Android 2.3 Operating system!
That’s it. You’ve done. Congrats!
Incoming search terms:
- how to upgrade android operating system
- how to upgrade ascend os
- how to upgrade huawei android
- how to upgrade huawei u8185
- Huawei Ascend 9500 Android upgrade
- huawei ascend from android 2 1 os to 2 3 download
- huawei ascend operating system