The all new faster and smoother Android 4. Jelly bean which was announced recently at Google I/O event and now it can be applied on Galaxy nexus devices.
Be informed that this is not an official release of Jelly bean but just a beta release. Let’s check out the detailed tutorial to apply this update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Nexus
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Nexus
- Download Jellybean 4.1 JRN84D Firmware directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into boot loader mode, press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button. Once the phone enters into boot loader mode, select the option of ‘recovery mode’ using volume keys and then hit Power button to confirm.
- Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the Jelly Beam firmware package along with Google Apps as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Congrats! You’re done with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Nexus Android device.