People who are having the Samsung Galaxy S Advance and have rooted their smartphones can now install the latest TWRP based touch based custom recovery image in your device so that you can then install the Custom ROM firmwares which will coming in the future.
Please make a note that this TWRP recovery is a touch based recovery you can control all the functions just with a touch, you no need to press the volume keys for selecting the options. There are many custom ROMs which ropes in the latest jellybean 4.1.1 firmware and also the stable builds of ICS Android 4.0.
Pre-requisites to Install Touch based TWRP Recovery in Galaxy S Advance I9070:
- Before you start to apply this update in your device, we strongly recommend you to take a backup of all your valuable data (i.e SMS, MMS, Photos, Videos, Contacts) present in your phone. Because, if you lost your data due to any reason you can easily get back with the help of them.
- But don’t back up the data with the help of KIES PC suite.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Please note that this recovery can only be installed on the rooted devices, so you need to check whether your phone is rooted or not,
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps which we have given below.
How to install Touch Based TWRP Recovery in Galaxy S Advance I9070:
- First download the TWRP based recovery for Galaxy S Advance package and Odin package in your computer. Then extract the TWRP recovery package and Odin in your computer. Open Odin in your computer and turn OFF the device so that it can be entered in the Download mode.
- The download mode in Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down + Power button till the device gets turned ON in the download mode.
- If the device gets turned ON in the normal mode, then you need to retry entering the device in the download mode. Connect your Galaxy S ADVANCE I9070 with the computer using the Original USB cable while the Odin is opened in your computer.
- Once you connect the device to the computer, ID : COM section will turn Yellow which will indicate that all the drivers have been installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select the “GT-I9070_GB_TWRP_KERNEL.tar.md5” and click on “Start” for starting the firmware update process. It will take around 3 – 4 minutes for applying the update.
- As soon as the device is updated successfully, it will be rebooted automatically. Please note that it may take more than 2 – 3 minutes for rebooting the device as it will be the first reboot. Once the phone is rebooted, disconnect the phone.
- Once the device is updated with this recovery, you can check the same by entering the device in the recovery mode.
NOTE : In case, if your Galaxy S Advance refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn OFF the same or re insert the battery to start the process from the start.
Incoming search terms:
- download twrp touch recovey for samsung galaxy s advance
- How to Install Touch TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S Advance
- 三星9070 twrp recovery