Being online at any time and any place is what smartphones are all about. But this continuous connectivity sucks high power consumption leads to short battery life.
Juice Defender is the best solution for this problem. It manages your mobile connectivity and other battery-sensitive components of your android device, like 3G/4G connectivity and WiFi.
It does not work with the aesthetics of your phone as such, but it actually controls the connections to help save the power consumed with having the phone scouring various networks constantly.
Once configured, Juice Defender runs by itself, improving your battery life in a fully automated manner.
Features of JuiceDefender:
- 2G/3G toggling: It automatically switching to 2G only when your phone is not in use. (but only available on certain ROMs due to Android limitaitons)
- Mobile data and Autosync: It can enable and disable mobile data (and Autosync) for you, following the rules you specify; this also works on Verizon and Sprint (CDMA) phones.
- Battery: It disables the connectivity when the remaining battery charge does below a specified percentage and gives you warning to save the last few percentages for urgent phone calls.
- Apps : It has the connectivity control for specific apps (e.g. when Pandora is running, leave connectivity on no matter what)
- It has easy and intuitive user interface (ads free)
- It has two home screen widgets.
- It has battery consumption optimization (e.g. when screen off, battery under threshold, etc.)
- It has full activity log.
- It has CPU scaling when phone is idle (might be unavailable if not supported by your ROM)
So, try it for a few days and see for yourself. It is absolutely free so, start saving battery today.