There are many new android devices being released in this year. You may have taken a look at some of them by going through our post of MWC 2012 during which many new android devices were released and their availability dates were mentioned.
The flagship devices such as HTC ONE X or Galaxy Nexus there are many people there who aren’t willing to spend so much on top end device as they would be rather content on a low budget android phone. But we don’t also recommend getting a very low budget android phone as we have mentioned in one of our previous articles the draw backs of owning a very low budget android device.
Don’t worry there are android devices also that fall in between the high and low end. In this article we have compiled a list of some of the best mid-range android device which provide you with very nice specs and performance that might exceed that of the flagship devices.
So read on to find out more about the devices that we have compiled for you.
HTC ONE S
This is the best android device that has been released this year. You can say this device can also be considered as a high end device but when you compare it with its elder sibling HTC ONE X this phone definitely falls in the mid-range category.
The performance provided by this device exceeds that of HTC ONE X and is more responsive and also is the slimmest phone that is produced by HTC. You can enjoy a phenomenal performance for a very good price. Key features of this device are:
- 4.3inch Super AMOLED Display with resolution of 540×960
- Dual core Krait processor clocked at 1.5Ghz with 1Gb RAM and Adreno 225 GPU
- Internal storage of 16Gb with Dropbox storage of 25Gb for two years
- Android 4.0 preinstalled with HTC Sense UI 4.0
Huawei Ascend P1 S
When MWC was taking place Huawei have announced the world’s slimmest quad core phone which measures only 6.8mm. The reason this phone falls in the mid-range category because this device has a thicker bigger brother called Ascend P1 which also features similar specs as the slimmer version.
This is one device that you can look forward from Huawei with specs that even rival those of HTC ONE S at a very good and affordable price. Key features of this device are:
- 4.3inch Super AMOLED Display with resolution of 960×540
- Dual core 1.5Ghz TI OMAP 4460 processor with 1GB of RAM and POWERVR SGX540 GPU
- Internal storage is 4 GB which can be expanded up to 32Gb via microSD card slot.
- Android 4.0 pre-installed
- The device will be available from May onwards.
If you are looking for a mid-range LTE device then LG Lucid is the ideal device for you. It is available from Verizon for $80 on a 2yr contract. It doesn’t have the specs that you can be proud of but it gets the job done.
It differs from the Optimus line up in terms of specs but still this device is the cheapest LTE device you can get. Key features of this device are:
- 4.0inch IPS LCD display with 480×800 resolution
- 1.2Ghz dual core Snapdragon S3 processor with 1GB of RAM and Adreno 220 GPU
- Internal storage of 8Gb which can be expanded via microSD card up to 32Gb
- 5MP rear camera and VGA front facing camera
- Android 2.3 preinstalled with a promise for upgrade to Android 4.0
- Available from April 2012
There you have some of the best mid-range devices of the year 2012. Stay tuned for more best mid-range devices in our next post.