HTC Sensation XE devices has got an official ICS 4.0.3 firmware update which is dubbed as 3.32.401.105 version. In due course of this article we will teach you on performing this firmware update manually to your HTC Sensation XE device.
Right now, this update has not been pushed to all the countries in the world except Germany, so update to this firmware at your own risk since the final release may differ from region to region.
Also, this 3.32.401.105 Official ICS 4.0.3 Firmware update will work only stock firmware 1.73.401.4 version. If you are on any other firmwares, update or roll back to this 1.73.401.4 version. Otherwise this update won’t work.
Important: We will not be held responsible or liable for any damages your device might encounter while following the instructions given below for manually updating your HTC Sensation XE.
Pre-Requisites To Manually Update HTC Sensation XE With 3.32.401.105 Official ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
- The 3.32.401.105 Official ICS 4.0.3 Firmware is for HTC Sensation XE Devices. So, don’t try it out with any other devices.
- Ensure that the S-Off is already gained and boot loader is unlocked in your devices.
- Make sure that your device is running on 1.73.401.4 stock firmware version. If not, this update will not work.
Note: If you are running on any of the stock rooted firmware version, after performing this update the root access will be revoked.
- Take full backup of your contact list, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., using appropriate data backup applications, before getting started with the update process.
- Also, ensure that your device has a minimum battery backup of 50%. Otherwise, it might get switched off while the update process is going on.
- Ensure that the CID is set to HTC__001, if you flashed the RUU coming from another build.
- Disable all the antivirus applications in your mobile as well as computer for smooth update process.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main instructions which are given below.
How To Manually Update HTC Sensation XE With 3.32.401.105 Official ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
- To get started, download 3.32.401.105 ICS 4.0.3 OTA Firmware Package directly into your computer.
- Connect your HTC Sensation XE to your computer using the original data cable and transfer the downloaded file to the SD Card in your device. Once the transfer is over, disconnect your device from your computer.
- Now turn off the device and hold down the Volume down key and power button simultaneously to power up the device in recovery mode. If the device doesn’t show the HBOOT menu, disable fast boot by following the path – “Settings > Power menu”.
- If the HBOOT Menu loads up, select “recovery mode” in it. Now, if you see the clockwork mod recovery boots up flash the 1.73.401.4 RUU.
- Once you get the red exclamation mark on your devices screen, press and hold the Volume Up key and the power button. It will say “can’t open cache/recovery/command” and it will bring up recovery menu. Now select “Apply an Update from SD Card” and select the OTA file which you have transferred before. Now the update process will begin and it will get completed within 5-8 minutes.
- Once the installation is over, your HTC Sensation XE will boot up normally.
Congrats! Now you have successfully updated your HTC Sensation XE Android device with the Official ICS 4.0.3 Firmware.