The users of LG Prada 3 P940 smartphone have a reason for joy as LG Electronics released an Official ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware for the device. In due course of this article, we will teach you how to update your device with this newly released firmware.
Please be informed that the firmware released is an Official firmware released for LG Prada 3 users in Germany. Since this is an international release anyone can use it to update their devices. Although the ICS Android 4.0.4 has plenty of new features, the best part of is that its a V20D series of update release which ropes in the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware.
Important: Don’t held us responsible or liable for any damages that might occur to your device while preforming this firmware update.
Pre-Requisites To Manually Update LG Prada 3 P940 With Official ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware
- This Official ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware is for LG Prada 3 P940 Android smartphones. So, don’t try this firmware on any other LG devices.
- There is greater chance that your smartphones data will get lost during this update. So, take complete backup of your contacts list, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., using data backup applications before performing this update.
- Ensure that your mobile battery has 60% charge left in it. If not, your LG Prada 3 might get switched off during the update process.
- Download and install LG Prada 3 drivers in your computer before getting started with the update procedure.
- Disable all the antivirus software’s in your mobile and computer, to avoid interruption from them.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can proceed with the actual procedure for manually updating your LG device.
How To Manually Update LG Prada 3 P940 With Official ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware
- To get started, download the V20D ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package directly to your computer. Once done, ensure that the download file is in .kdz file format.
- Now open the “shttp3.exe” file in your computer (you can see this executable program in your computer if you have installed all the necessary LG Prada 3 drivers) and click on “Update Entry in Main Menu” followed by “Add to Startup”. Once you set a for it, click on “Install”.
- After the install gets completed, go to “Start” in Windows and select Start ‘Small HTTP Server’. Once done, you will see ‘Settings’ icon on Task bar. Select HTTP tab in it and change port to ‘9002’. Now click on ‘OK’.
- Now open “C:\shttps” in which you will find the “WWW” folder. Now open the same and then in a separate window by following the path – “C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc”.
- Now copy the “hosts” file present here ‘C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc’ to the ‘ORIG’ folder inside the ‘HOSTS’ folder in the flash package folder of the V20D .kdz file. Once done, delete the hosts file in the path “C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc” and copy the “hosts” file from the flash package folder’s of the V20D .kdz file to the “MOD Folder” in the path “C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc”.
- Once your have done the above mentioned step, open the flash package directory followed by opening the “Software” folder. Now you will find “B2CAppSetup.exe” in it. Install it on your computer by following the simple on screen instructions.
- Upon successful installation, go to flash “Flashing” folder and run the “Windows Enabler” executable file. Now turn on the same from the task bar. Once done, go back to the “Flashing” folder and install “msxml.msi” tool.
- Turn off your LG Prada 3 after ensuring that you have admin privileges and USB rights in your computer, so that it can enter into the download mode. Now remove the battery from the device and connect the device to your computer with the help of original USB Data cable. Now press and hold the “Volume UP and Power” button and at the same time insert the battery into the device. If you have done it right, you will see the device vibrate for 2-3 seconds.
- Now again go back to the “Flashing” folder and run the ‘UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe’ executable program. On the program interface, change the product type to ‘3GQCT’ and mode to “emergency”.
- Once done, open the “Flash Tool” and select the .kdz file stored in your computer. Now perform this step – Normal web upgrade test>Upgrade Start>Select Country & Language>Country: Different Country>Change Language>OK. Once done, ensure that your device is not disconnected from your computer.
- Upon successful installation, your device will get rebooted automatically and after the reboot, the LG Prada 3 will boot normally.
That’s just it! Now you have successfully updated your LG Prada 3 P940 smartphone with official ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- ManuallyUpdateLGPrada3P940WithOfficialICSAndroid4 0 4Firmware HowTo -BestAndroidBlog
- update for lg prada3 0