Samsung has become the world’s largest phone manufacturers thanks to the Galaxy S2 which was a hugely popular device for the year 2011. But now let’s give the predecessor a rest and let’s concentrate on the New Emperor of Android devices THE GALAXY SIII
AT first look you will notice the magnificent 4.8inch Super AMOLED HD display with a resolution of 1280×720. The screen takes up much of the front of the device with a front facing camera and two sensors at the top next to the speaker grill.
The phone is only 16% bigger than the Galaxy S2 despite the larger screen size. That’s a remarkable achievement. Galaxy S3 comes with a unibody design with a nice curve that makes the device very comfortable to hold. Samsung claim the device is following the curves offered by the nature.
Instead of concentrating on the hardware and boasting a 12MP camera which would have rather stuck out Samsung have concentrated on the software department and have improved the Android 4.0 ICS much more which will make using android new experience.
Apart from the gorgeous display the phone comes with a front facing 1.9MP camera which is able to shoot 720p videos. The rear camera which is 8MP is able to shoot 1080p videos. Samsung have made sure to further tweak the camera so that the images it produces are much more splendid than the 8MP camera found in Galaxy S2.
Under the hood the device is run by Samsung’s new 1.4Ghz Exynos 4 Cortex A9 quad core processor which comes with 1GB of RAM. Also you get the choice of selecting internal memories between 16, 32 or 64GB which can be expanded by adding microSD card up to 64GB.
The device weighs 133g and measures 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm. The 2100mAh Battery makes sure that you never run out of battery in times of entertainment. The device will be made available in two colors marble white and pebble blue.
New Android Features
As we have mentioned before that Samsung have concentrated on the software this time and have further enhanced the android experience. Some of the changes that Samsung have introduced to the Android are:
- Smart Stay it uses the font facing camera to track your eye movements. If it notices that you are not looking at the screen anymore the device screen will be turned off. A nifty new feature.
- Direct call it will enable you to call the sender of a message just by picking up the phone and holding it to your ear. For this purpose the phone uses the proximity sensor, accelerometer and gyroscope to determine the phones location and make the call.
- Smart Alert it will make the phone vibrate and flash the LED light when you pick the phone up after any missed alerts
- S Voice this is an alternative to SIRI that Samsung have come up with and is enabled by saying HI GALAXY. With this function you can take photo, lock phone and multitude of functions which can be configured by the user.
- Social Tag it will link photos of your friends in your gallery with their Facebook or Google+ accounts using facial recognition
- S Beam will allow you to share photos, music and videos with other Galaxy S3 device just holding them close together via NFC or WI-FI
- AllShare Cast this will pair your phone with the laptops, TVs or you can also use your Galaxy S3 as a game controller.
- PopUp Play this is a very interesting feature that will allow you to popup your video player over any other app in the phone thus not interrupting your video watching as you SMS or browse the web.