If you have bought yourself a Nest thermostat, and looking for the latest software update for it then this is the correct time for you. Previous generations of the mobile app were not compatible with tablets or even later versions of Android for that matter. But now it has released the new version and it brings a whole slew of changes.
The new version is 20% thinner than the original. It is compatible with 95% of low voltage heating and cooling systems, including second stage cooling, third stage heating, dual fuel, emergency heat and whole home humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
Features of Second Generation Nest thermostat:
- The Nest Mobile app now works on all Android tablets, including Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire, and all Android apps are faster and more reliable.
- It improves the speed and stability
- It supports for system match features (Early-On, Heat Pump Balance, True Radiant)
- More info in energy history
- Ability to remotely lock your nest
- Nest learning is now called Nest sense
- It is now available in French and Spanish for that you need to go to Settings and choose the Language. And as always, you can switch Nest to Celsius i Settings as well.
- Overall bug fixes and improvement
The new generation app will available for pre-order on nest.com/store for $249. It will start shipping on October 15th. In addition with that, it is also available in Amazon, Apple Store and Lowe’s.