The Official Stock firmware has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone. This firmware itself is carrier unbranded, and is based on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Naturally, it also dons Samsung’s proprietary TouchWiz interface.
Full credits will goes to the XDA Recognized developer Faryaab who shared this with us. The stock firmwares are brought to you by SamMobile.com.
DISCLAIMER: We should not held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Base Firmware: I9300XXDLJ4 (4.1.1)
Country: United Kingdom
Build Date: 19 October 2012
Change List: 368423
- Before start to proceed you are recommended to backup the data such as SMS, MMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Images, Audios, Wi-Fi, APN Settings etc. Because this procedure may wipe your datas completely.
- You need to turn on the Enable USB Debugging on your device by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and ticking the USB Debugging option box.
- After that charge the device battery fully and also disable the system tools such as Samsung KIES, firewall program etc because this may interrupt in the process.
Instructions for flashing firmware:
- Initially, you need to extract the firmware.
- After that open the Odin file
- Then, Turn OFF your phone then put your device into the download mode by pressing the Home button + Volume Down button + Power button.
- Then Click PDA and select *.tar.md5.
- Then finally click Start.
Instructions for Changing CSC:
- Download Samsung Galaxy S/S2 CSC app from the Play Store.
- Open Samsung Galaxy S/S2 CSC app
- Tap “Change CSC” button
- Then Select the CSC for your country
- Tap “Install” button
- Please make a note that changing the CSC code may wipes your device.