RainbowMod, who have released a custom ROM for the Nokia Lumia 710, has now extended his work to the Nokia Lumia 800. This custom ROM is based on Tango, which allows a wide range of device customization. Full credits will goes to the XDA recognized developer lucifer who has come up with this update.
Please make a note that these ROMs are only for Nokia Lumia phones, which have Quallcomm boot loader which is an unlocked boot loader and hence a custom ROM is possible for Nokia devices.
The ROM adds the following features to your device:
- Full Unlock from UltraShot v3, with customizable access privileges
- Added color accents from WP8
- Removed OEM applications (Nokia Drive, Maps, etc.)
- Search key remapping
- Easy installation xap from browser or file manager
- QuickLaunch menu for quick switching state of WiFi, 3G, Flight mode, Power save, etc.
- Added Google and Yandex search engines
- xb0xmod cert for cab-updates
- Lots of minor changes
- Ability to access file system via WiFi/USB
- Ability to wake up the phone any hardware button
- Orientation locker
- Updatability via Zune ISN’T GUARANTEED!
DISCLAIMER: We should not held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update RainbowMod custom ROM in Nokia Lumia 800:
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Nokia Lumia 800 device. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, and not on any other device.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Procedure to Update RainbowMod custom ROM in Nokia Lumia 800:
Before flashing this custom ROM you must flash this file to sdb3 partition. At below we have also discussed how to install cab-updates.
1. First, install WP7 Update tool.
2. After that Download and Unpack WP7 update cab sender
3. Put near bat file cab-updates that need to sent to device.
4. Connect the phone in the normal mode, shutdown zune.
5. Run bat file and follow the instructions.
6. In addition to the own updates, you can install the updates from xboxmod (your should install only reskin, other updates can cause damage to phone)
Incoming search terms:
- nokia lumia 635 mods
- Lumia 635 Android ROM
- nokia lumia 635 android rom
- RainbowMod-FirstCustomROMforNokiaLumia800 HowTo -BestAndroidBlog
- nokiA lumia 635 mods hacks
- nokia lumia mods
- nokia lumia 630 modding