A T9 dialer is basically allows you to search for phone numbers from your contacts using the classic phone pad by simply pressing the numbers instead of letters for contact names. But unfortunately it does not comes in the stock Android even in Jelly Bean 4.2.
But some of the custom OEM skins such as HTC Sense include T9 functionality, and a lot of custom ROMs include it by default. Further, some third party dialer replacement apps allows you to use it on any phone.
Now, one simple app called Reactiv Dialer is available which was developed by XDA Senior member Phat7. It is a fast, lightweight replacement for the stock android dialer with a lot of added features including T9 support.
Let’s see its features at below:
- Multilanguage support
- Very fast smart contact search
- Search by name and phone number
- Customizable with beautiful themes (plus version only)
- Quick access to more contact actions
- Quick redial the last number
- Display call history in dialer
- Edit number before dialing
Some of the useful tips for Reactiv Dialer:
- Long click on a contact row to get more actions.
- Click on “more” icon (three vertical dots) at the end of a contact row to get more actions.
- Long click on entered digits to make a selection.
- Swipe the dialpad down to hide it.
- Scrolling the call log or contact list also hides the dialpad.
- Long click * (star) or # (pound) keys to enter Space character.
- Click Dial button to redial the last number.
This Reactiv Dialer app is available fully functional in a free version as well as paid plus version. But unfortunately the free version includes only a default theme. If you want more themes then you need to go for paid version which support to make it look like GB, ICS, HTC or TouchWiz dialer. This app is compatible with android 2.3 or later.
If you want to get that app in your device then get it from here
Incoming search terms:
- replace stock phone app for android
- android dialer replacement
- best android 2 3 dialer
- best third party dialer for android
- replace touchwiz dialer on s3 with android native dialer