Many Android users feel overwhelmed by Android’s user interface, thanks to the multiple home screens, fancy lock screens and the vast number of widgets available.
Sometimes you just want a phone that simply show your apps, and perhaps allow you to quickly check the weather before you go out, or show notifications of new emails and messages.
Now, the third party launcher app called Listener Launcher is available. It is simple, easily manageable and yet not overwhelming. It was introduced by the XDA Forum Member Deanimo.
The Listener Launcher app consists of two main screens : a singular home screen, and vertically scrolling app drawer. This app supports the devices that run Gingerbread and newer.
1. Home Screen:
It displays your standard date and time, alarm and weather on the bottom right hand.
2. App Drawer:
The second major component of Listener Launcher is that it is an extremely lean and simplistic app drawer, displaying a vertically-scrollable selection of apps organized in five columns.
The app drawer is also interchangeable between two modes, the first having apps organized in an alphabetical order, and the second displaying your favorite apps at the top.
- At app drawer you will find options to set up desired providers. To get to appdrawer use any of back, menu or home buttons.
- Provider icon long click reloads the content with new info, if there is any.
- Clock Click shows next alarm, long click opens clock up. Currently Stock Alarms are supported.
- Item Clicks in list shows detailed information where available.
- Long item clicks removes them from view.
- Icon in detailed View (or menu button) brings up more options, like share, comment etc.
If you want to get Listener Launcher in your mobile then click here.