Earlier we shared a tutorial to update your Galaxy Note N7000 on ICS 4.0.3 XXPLY firmware and now Galaxy Note N7000 Smartphone can now be rooted with XXLPY 4.0.3 by following few steps.
In this whole tutorial we will describe our users that how they can root their mobile unofficially. But, it’s being notified that once you root your mobile, then the legal and official warranty will turn to nil. Though, you can any time cancel the effect of root access by applying original software version onto your mobile.
Keeping same intention in mind, we have even provided a small guide with which you can get your fresh and un-rooted device again. Rooting mobile doesn’t have any harm and you can even enjoy future updates from company.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Root Galaxy Note N7000 on ICS 4.0.3 XXLPY Firmware
- The tutorial we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy Note N7000. So, make sure you try this tutorial only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Root Galaxy Note N7000 on ICS 4.0.3 XXLPY Firmware
- Grab the XXLPY 4.0.3 Rooting Package & Odin from here to your Computer. Extract the two downloaded file in your computer. Open Odin in your Computer.
- Now you need to enter your device into download mode which can be entered by pressing and holding Volume Down key + OK + Power button till the time you see a green robot on your phone screen and next just press Volume up key to confirm that you entering into download mode.
- Make sure you have Open Odin in your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer while ensuring Odin is open in your computer.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
- Click on ‘PDA’ to select the file “CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LPY-v5.3-CWM5.tar” from the extracted folder and then finally click on ‘Start’ button present in Odin to start the process of firmware update.
- The process would take few minutes to complete. After it is done, the phone will reboot on its own and after you see the home screen on your device, disconnect your phone by removing the USB cable.
- Now turn off your phone and enter it into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + OK + Power button. Ignore if any warning message appears and just press Volume down to continue into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partiton’ so that you can clear the cache. Now select ‘Go back and then reboot system now to restart your phone into normal mode.
- And you have successfully accommodated the update.
Congrats, you have now successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Android device on the ICS 4.0.3 XXLPY Firmware.