All Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100 users who had switched to the latest version of ICS 4.0.3 DXLP9 can now easily root their devices as we would be sharing the easiest way of the rooting tutorial.
Kindly be aware that unlike earlier types, the rooting procedure won’t wipe off any user data until you manually wipe user data from the recovery mode. The benefit of rooting is you can access all such apps which require root access like Superuser app, Titanium back pro app, etc.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Root Galaxy S II GT I9100 on DXLP9 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy S II. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Root Galaxy S II GT I9100 on DXLP9 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
- Grab the DXLP9 Rooting package & Odin from here to your Computer. Extract the two downloaded file in your computer. Open Odin in your Computer.
- Now you need to enter your device into download mode which can be entered by pressing and holding Volume Down key + Center key + Power button till the time you see a green robot on your phone screen and next just press Volume up key to confirm that you entering into download mode.
- Make sure you have Open Odin in your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer while ensuring Odin is open in your computer.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
- Click on ‘PDA’ to select the file “CF-Root-SGS2_DX_SIN_LP9-v5.4-CWM5” from the extracted folder and then finally click on ‘Start’ button present in Odin to start the process of firmware update.
- The process would take few minutes to complete. After it is done, the phone will reboot on its own and after you see the home screen on your device, disconnect your phone by removing the USB cable.
- And you have successfully accommodated the update.
Congo, you have now successfully rooted the Galaxy S II GT I9100 Android device on the latest version of DXLP9 firmware.