Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 will surely be not getting the Android ICS update officially but with the help of the rooting the device, one can install Custom ROM firmwares and root only android apps. In due course of this article, we will be checking out the procedure to root the Galaxy Ace device on Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKQ8 firmware.
Please be noted that rooting your Android device will void its warranty and you can get it back only by installing the stock firmware again. So, proceed at your own risk.
Important: Don’t held us responsible for any damages which your device might encounter while following the rooting procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites To Root Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 on Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKQ8 Firmware
- The rooting procedure which we have given below is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 devices. So don’t try it with any other device.
- Take full backup of personal data like SMS, MMS, Call logs, Contacts list, etc., using appropriate backup applications.
- Make sure that your device has a minimum battery percentage of 60% to avoid it getting switched off during the rooting process.
- Shut down all the antivirus programs in your device and computer, so that your won’t get interrupted from them while following the procedure.
- Enable USB debugging mode in your device by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you are done with these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main procedure which is given below.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 on Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKQ8 Firmware
- To get started, DDKQ8 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Rooting Package to your computer. Once done, transfer the package to your Galaxy Ace with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up Key and OK button of your device, and while doing so press the power button, so that your device can enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD Cad” and select the DDKQ8 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Rooting Package which we have transferred to the device before. The rooting process will begin and it will get completed within few minutes.
- Upon successful installation, your device will get rebooted and after the reboot, it will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have rooted your Galaxy Ace Android device on Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKQ8 firmware.
Incoming search terms: