Yesterday we have written an article for updating Samsung Galaxy S2 With Official XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware. Now, with the help of simple instructions given below, users who have upgraded to this XXLQ5 firmware can root their device for installing their favorite root-only Android apps.
Please be informed that rooting your Samsung Galaxy S2 will void void your warranty. So, proceed at your own risk. Before getting started with the procedure, make sure your device is updated to the XXLQ5 firmware by following the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will see your mobile’s firmware version. If it is not showing up XXLQ5, you need to follow the tutorial we have posted here before proceeding with this tutorial.
Important: BestAndroidBlog team will not be held responsible for any damages which may happen to your device while following this tutorial.
Pre Requisites To Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- The rooting procedure which we have given below will only be applicable to Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100, so don’t try it with any other Samsung devices.
- The rooting procedure will not work for the Network locked models of Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100.
- Enable “USB Debugging Mode” in your device by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Ensure that your device’s battery level are over 50%. Otherwise your mobile will get switched off while following the procedure.
- Make sure to disable all the antivirus applications in your mobile as well as your computer for non-interrupted rooting process.
If you have followed all these instructions, you can move on and proceed with the rooting procedure given below.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- To get started, download XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 Rooting Package & Odin from here to your computer and extract them. Once done, open Odin in your computer.
- Now turn off your Samsung Galaxy S2. Press and hold the Volume down Key, Center button along with the Power Button simultaneously to enter into the download mode. If you press and hold all these buttons correctly, then you will see a green robot indicating that your device has entered into the download mode.
- Now connect your device with the computer using the USB data cable. If you have done it properly you will see the ID : COM section in Odin turns into yellow.
If your ID : COM Section doesn’t turn into yellow, make sure that you have the USB drivers for the device installed into your computer and “Samsung KIES” option enabled on your device (you can do this by following this path – “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings”.
- Assuming that your ID : COM Section in Odin turned into yellow, we are continuing the procedure. Now click on “PDA” in Odin to select “CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEN_LQ5-v5.4-CWM5” and click on “Start” to start the rooting process. It will take 2-3 minutes for the process to get completed and once it is done, your device will be rebooted.
- Upon rebooting, download the “Root Checker” android app from Google play store and check whether your device is rooted on XXLQ% firmware.
Congrats! Now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- Galaxy SII ICS 4 0 4 XXLQ5 Package