Sony Xperia ION users can now root their device and install any of the available Custom ROM firmwares and root only Android apps. In due course of this article, we will check out how to root the Xperia ION android device.
Please be informed that rooting your device will void its warranty and the only way to get it back is by reinstalling the official firmware.
Important: Don’t held us responsible or liable for any changes which might occur to your device while following the rooting procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites To Root SONY Xperia ION Android Phone
- The rooting procedure which we are discussing here will be applicable only for SONY Xperia ION devices. So don’t try it with any other android devices.
- Although your personal data will not be lost during the rooting process, it is highly recommended to take complete backup of Contacts list, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., using appropriate backup applications.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your device and computer to avoid disruption from them
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can move on and proceed with the main rooting instructions given below.
How To Root SONY Xperia ION Android Phone
- Before getting started with the procedure, ensure that your device bootloader is unlocked. Once done download any of the insecure kernel given below based on your device firmware and then boot the device.
- Once done, enable USB Debugging mode in your device from Settings > Developer Options. After enabling, connect your Xperia ION with the computer. Now download Xperia Ion Rooting Package to your computer and unzip it.
- Now ensure that your device is connected to your computer. Also make sure you have full Read / Write access rights and admin rights in your computer. Once done, run the “rootme” executable file from the Rooting package. The rooting process will begin and it will get completed within few minutes.
- Once it is over, your Xperia ION will reboot automatically. Now disconnect the device from the computer and install the “Superuser” application to update the binaries.
That’s it! Now you have successfully rooted your SONY Xperia ION smartphone.