Samsung Galaxy S former flagship mobile of Samsung has thousands of users worldwide. The device has been in constant care from its manufacturers with regular updates and fixes to various bugs. Everybody thought that with the release of the latest Android 4.0 Ice cream Sandwich Galaxy S would be in line for the glorious update after it has been on gingerbread for so long.
It is sad to mention that Samsung has recently announced that they won’t be upgrading their former flagship to ICS as the hardware is not powerful enough to provide the smooth ICS experience. This has caused great disappointments among thousands of users of Galaxy S. It seems they were doomed to be stuck on Gingerbread for eternity.
But there was light in this darkness and all thanks to the independent android developer communities who rescued the device and were able to release a stable, fully functional, fast running stock ICS ROM for Galaxy S proving that the device is still able to live and fight for another year.
Process Of Flashing
Well to get the latest ICS ROM in your Galaxy S you can follow the guide.
- First you need to root the device if you haven’t already done so.
- After rooting you need to install Clockwork Mod (CWM) which allow you to make backup and recover your OS even if something does goes horribly wrong.
- Download ICS ROM for Galaxy S by visiting the developer site.
- Before flashing make sure that your battery is charged to 100%. This is to get maximum and better battery life out of the new firmware.
- Make a backup of your current OS using CWM.
- Connect your device to your computer and transfer the zip file that you downloaded from the developer site to your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery using button combo of volume up, power button and home or center button at the same time.
- Once your into recovery make sure to do the following wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache
- After doing the above process select install zip file from SD card and select the zip file from your SD card and proceed to install. The entire process takes about 10 to 15minutes to install.
- Once the installation is complete select RE-boot phone and it will take some time for phone to boot up so don’t panic.
After the installation is complete you will boot into ICS and you will find that it runs quite smoothly and efficiently. There is no hangup or slowing down of anything. Although some parts of ICS might not function properly of may even cause some apps to force close but do not be worried this version of ICS ROM has been guaranteed for daily use.
There will be continuous update in the developers site who are working hard to fix various tiny little bugs that are constantly popping up.
Impatient already then wait no further and download the Android 4.0 ICS ROM and install it within a matter of minutes and enjoy the ICS goodness on your year-and-a-half old smartphone.