Slowly tablets are becoming a norm these days with iPAD2 dominating majority of the tablet market while other manufacturers are trying to get a firm place in the tablet market.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 accept the tablet challenge and manages to snatch the two spot behind the iPAD2 but if you’re a believer of uniqueness of each manufacturer then you many notice that Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has something unique to offer that provides a different experience than that can be found from an iPAD 2.
Looks And Feel:
The tablet’s main feature is that it is the most portable 10inch tablet to be available in the market and also its almost 42g lighter than iPAD2 while trying to provide an improved a battery life that can even rival the battery lives of netbooks.
Despite its size the tablet is very slim. The tablet is almost completely made out plastic which helps to keep the weight of the device down and also makes it comfortable to hold.
The display is 10.1inch PLS LCD with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels. Thus far the screen on this device has been the best providing a good image quality and viewing angles that is difficult to find in a tablet. Even under bright sunlight the screen is perfectly viewable although the colors get a bit washed out.
Since the tablet runs on Honeycomb you will not find any hardware buttons on the tablet for operation of the OS. Instead you will notice a 3.5mm audio jack at the top, volume rocker and power button at the top left corner.
Tab 10.1 utilizes proprietary 30pin connector for charging as well as data transfer. That’s a bit of a disadvantage because microUSB cable could have been used anywhere at any time where as you need to carry the proprietary cable whenever you need files transfer from a system to your tablet.
This tablet also features stereo speakers on either side of the tablet which provides good sound quality.
Hardware And Performance:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 comes with a non-user replaceable battery which is a 7000 mAh Li-Po battery and according to Samsung which will be able to power your tablet continuously for 9 hours straight. If you use it normally then you need to charge your tablet once every 3days.
Galaxy tab 10.1 runs on Android Honeycomb 3.1 with Samsung’s own TouchWiz UI on top which sure to provides some extra enhancement to your tablet.
The changes that TouchWiz UI brings to galaxy tab 10.1 are:
- Revamped home screen
- New and improved app launcher
- Active taskbar: when you swipe upwards it reveals six shortcuts which when clicked opens a widget window which can be scrolled to any screen and stays on top of any open app until you close it.
- Notification area similar to that found in the galaxy smart phones.
Galaxy tab 10.1 is powered by NVidia Tegra 2, 1Ghz dual core processor and 1Gb of RAM makes sure that no matter what or how many apps you have open you will never notice any slow down or lag at instance of your use.
The web browser on the galaxy tab 10.1 gets full flash support which gives it an edge over the iPAD2. With the flash support you are able to run desktop oriented websites right on your tablet without any lag or slow down. You can even play 720p YouTube videos right on your browser.
Along with the flash support, good battery life, larger screen and enhancement bought by TouchWiz galaxy tab 10.1 can give iPAD2 a run for its money.
- 10.1″ 16M-color PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen of WXGA (1280 x 800 pixels) resolution
- Weight at just 565g and is very slim with a width of 8.6mm
- Gorilla glass display
- Tegra 2 chipset: Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor with 1GB of RAM and ULP GeForce GPU
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb with TouchWiz UX UI
- 16/32/64 GB of built-in memory
- 3.2 MP auto focus camera with 2.0MP front facing camera for video calls.
- 720p HD video recording
- Stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Flash 10.3 support
- DivX/XviD, MP4 video supports and can play full HD videos upto 1080p.
- 7000 mAh Li-Po rechargeable battery