This year MWC will take place within a few days and the year 2012 is dubbed as the year of quad core phones. The quad core phones that will be unveiled in MWC will feature Nvidia’s Tegra 3 processor which provides very phenomenal performance both in terms of computational power and GFX processing as well.
Let’s not talk about the upcoming quad core processor but let’s concentrate on the already available dual core phones that have made headline in the year 2011 with some amazing performance and also other features that have made you want to own a dual core device.
When Tegra 2 was announced it was a huge leap forward in terms on mobile computational power at a very reasonable battery power which ensured long hours of mobile usage at the top of the clock speed. After Tegra 2 was announced Samsung introduced their own line of dual core processor called Exynos dual core SOC which was a direct competitor to Tegra 2 in terms of performance and other features.
Well without any further delay let’s get down to revising some of the dual core phones that have made headlines in 2011
1. Motorola Droid Bionic 4G
This phone was the first phone to feature 4G radio in it and is still a popular phone till date and it has the following features:
- 4.3 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with 540×960 pixels
- Tegra 2 dual core 1Ghz processor with 1Gb of RAM
- 8MP rear camera along with 1.2MP front facing camera for video call.
- Android 2.3.4 pre-installed
- HDMI port, micro USB port
2. LG Optimus 2x
LG was the first manufacturer to introduce the world’s first dual core smartphone and it has even made its way to the Guinness Books of World Record. The phone is beautifully designed and features the NOVA display which LG have claimed to be the world’s brightest LCD display. The phone features:
- 4.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 480×800 pixels protected by gorilla glass.
- Tegra 2 AP20H dual core 1Ghz processor with 512Mb of RAM
- 8MP rear camera along with 1.3MP front facing camera for video call.
- Android 2.3.4
- HDMI port, micro USB port
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
3. Samsung Galaxy S2
This phone still remains the world’s fastest dual core phone till date. Samsung has yet to release any device that will overshadow this android beast. What sets this phone apart from other dual core device is its raw processing power and its gorgeous SAMOLED display which is the best display in any mobile device till date. It also features one of the powerful GPU Mali-400MP. The phone features:
- 4.3 inch Super AMOLED display with 480×800 pixels protected with cornering gorilla glass.
- Exynos dual core 1.2 GHz Cortex A9 processor with Mali-400MP graphics processor.
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8MP rear camera along with 2MP front facing camera for video call.
- Internal storage of 16/32GB expandable by microSD card up to 32GB
- Android 2.3.5 which will be upgraded to Android 4.0 ICS in Q1 of 2012.
There you go some of the best dual core phones of 2011 that have made the headlines and still they are the most powerful device in the market that you will ever find till the arrival of the quad core beasts.