Once you buy an android phone, the next thing you need to do is unlocking the bootloader of your device then root the device and get the recovery and find a new favorite ROM. It can take a sometime even for advanced users to find the methods to do all these things.
But don’t worry for the users of HTC One S, we have compiled the relevant methods and given below. Full credits will goes to the XDA Senior Member torxx.
The tutorial helps the users through unlocking their bootloaders via HTCDev’s website, flashing a custom recovery, and obtaining a root access. But it does require some background knowledge, so make sure you understand all the steps before getting started.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
Step 1: How to Unlock the HTC Ones S:
1. For this, the first thing you need to do is open the htcdev website and create yourself an account on HTCDev.
2. Then download the fastboot files from here.
3. Then make a new folder on your C:/ drive called fastboot.
4. Extract the zip downloaded in Step 2 to the new folder.
5. Go here, and select “All Other Supported Models” and “then begin unlock bootloader”.
6. Yes, Tick both Boxes, Proceed.
7. Skip up to step 8 as we have all we need for the first 7 steps.
8. Power off your phone by holding the power button down for 10 seconds.
9. Power your phone on by holding power and volume down.
10. Highlight fastboot with Volume+ or Volume- button then press power.
11. Plug your phone into your PC and open a Command prompt.
12. (windows XP – Click Start > Run > type CMD in box then press OK
13. (Windows 7 – Click Start > type CMD in search box then press Enter)
14. After that change the directory to your folder where we put fastboot files cd c:\fastboot.
15. Type this into your command prompt window fastboot oem get_identifier_token
16. Select & copy the text as per step 9 on the HTCDev website.
17. Paste your identifier token into the box at the bottom and submit.
18. You will very shortly receive an email from HTCDev with a link to the second part of the instructions and your “Unlock_code.bin” attached.
19. Download the “Unlock_code.bin” from the email and save it to the same folder that we extracted fastboot files to in step 2.
20. Type this into your command prompt window fastboot flash unlock token Unlock_code.bin.
21. The display will change on your phone, press volume up button to accept and power to confirm.
Step 2 :Recovery
1. To install the recovery you have to download the android SDK.
3. Place the CWM file where the fastboot.exe is (Downloaded with the SDK)
Now open the cmd and navigate to the folder where the CWM File is located.
4. Now type:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_the_recovery.img
Step 3: Root
1. Before start just make sure you are on the stock kernel!
2. Now to root your phone you need to download the SuperSu from here.
3. So, once you downloaded the SuperSu you need to flash the same with the recovery.
4. For that you need to power off the device and then hold the Volume down button and Power button to boot into the Bootloader.
5. Navigate with Volume and Power to Recovery.
6. Now flash the .zip:
- install zip from sd card
- choose zip from sd card
- select the CWN-SuperSU-v0.87.zip file and flash it
- Reboot now
That’s it now you rooted your HTC One S device. Thereafter you can able to flash any Custom ROM in your android smartphone.
Incoming search terms:
- android htc recover step by step