In this article, we are going to see how to get everything to stock firmware from custom ROM firmware in HTC One X device.
This guide is especially for newbies to return the HTC One X device back to stock in order to return the device for a warranty claim, or to be in a position to receive an official OTA update.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
- It is essential to have a fully charged device before start to proceed the process.
- It is also advisable to take backup of your datas completely. Because there is a chance of your device getting wiped off.
- Install HTC Sync software and drivers on your PC. You also need to have the fastboot folder and files installed on your PC.
- And also, get the RUU file required for your device. Make sure that USB debugging is enabled In order to determine which ruu file you require, boot your device into bootloader mode (Power off and then restart device by holding Power and Volume Down button together). Connect to PC via USB and check that device shows FASTBOOT USB on screen. After that enter the command fastboot getvar version-main
- First you need to boot your HTC One X device to fastboot mode by holding Power+Volume Down button for 10 seconds.
NOTE : Just in case, your phone keeps restarting in normal phone mode instead of fastboot mode, go to Settings>Power and untick the fast boot mode.
- After that plug your phone into your PC and open a Command Prompt.
(windows XP – Click Start > Run > type CMD in box then press OK
(Windows 7 – Click Start > type CMD in search box then press Enter)
- CD to the location of your fastboot files folder.
- Now, Relock the bootloader and type the following command fastboot oem lock. The phone will then restart into fastboot again showing “RELOCKED”.
- On your PC run the RUU that you downloaded earlier, and follow the steps as prompted and wait until the process has been complete.
- Kindly make a note that if the ruu or restore process is interrupted due to any reason during restore, your phone will be permanently bricked.