Over this article we will be checking out on how to install the Custom ROM firmware in HTC Rhodium Android smartphone.
The entire credits will goes to the XDA recognized developer jianC who works hard for making this firmware. One of the best part of custom ROM firmware is you can enjoy even firmwares of Jellybean and Ice Cream Sandwich versions on your phone.
Please be informed that, once you root the device, the warranty will get void, the only way with which the warranty can be restored by re applying with the official/original firmware which you can check from the path “Settings > About Phone”.
Pre requisites to Install Custom Recovery in HTC Rhodium:
- Before start to install the custom Recovery we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of at least 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Head over to the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging by selecting the appropriate option in your HTC Rhodium .
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- And also, install the ADB in your computer from the Google’s Android website as the device will be rooted in the ADB mode.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions, you can head over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to Install Custom Recovery in HTC Rhodium device.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Install Custom Recovery in HTC Rhodium:
- First download the Recovery image file from here to your computer and then place the same in “Platform tools” folder which you will get in the Android folder in your computer.
- Now assuming that you have installed all the required drivers installed in your computer, connect your phone to the computer and enter the below mentioned commands one by one,
1. Adb devices
2. Adb reboot bootloader
3. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now, once all the above mentioned commands are processed, the phone will be rebooted.
TIP : In case, your HTC Rhodium device doesn’t boot up or say if it refuses to show up the home screen, then Long Press the power button to turn it OFF and follow all the above mentioned instructions again from the start.
Congratulations ! there you go you have now successfully installed the custom Recovery image in your HTC Rhodium smartphone.