Over the period of this article we will be checking out on how to root and install recovery in Sony Xperia T android Smartphone. We have given the simple and detailed instructional guide along with a pre requisite guide for your easy reference.
Full credits will goes to the XDA Recognized Contributor krabappel2548 who has released the insecure kernel which will root the device. One of the good thing in rooting is; once you have rooted then you can easily install the apps which requires the rooting access and also you can install the custom ROM firmwares.
Pre Requisites to root and install recovery in Sony Xperia T:
- We strongly advising you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- You can easily backup all your data using the SONY PC Companion tool. Just in case if you are backing the data manually, transfer all the contents to your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of at least 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have performed all the above mentioned instructions, you can head over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to root your device.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to root and install recovery in Sony Xperia T:
- To get started, first download the Recovery and Rooting package kernel from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, place the recovery files in the fast boot folder. As soon as you have placed the files in the fast boot folder, you will need to connect your phone to the computer using the original USB Cable.
- You should have administration privileges along with the active USB Ports in your computer.
- Then open the command prompt in your computer and enter the below mentioned commands,
fastboot flash boot insecure.elf or
fastboot flash boot recovery.elf
- As soon as the above commands are entered, your Sony Xperia T device will be rooted and will be installed with the custom recovery image. Please be informed that it will take more than normal time for rebooting the device. Once the device is rebooted and the home screen is visible, you can now disconnect the device connected from computer.
NOTE : Just in case, your phone refuses to boot up or say gets stuck on the SONY Logo which is at the start up then long press the power button to turn OFF the process and re follow the above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations! you have now successfully learnt on how to root the device. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” application from the Google Play Store to check the same. If your device is not rooted, you will have to re follow all the above mentioned instructions.