This tutorial will help you to root HTC Explorer device. If you are a noobie, please be aware that rooting may void your device warranty. But you could easily recover them by using stock firmware. If you don’t have prior knowledge about rooting then go here. We have explained about what is rooting and what are all its advantages and disadvantages.
Before start to proceed strictly follow the given below pre requisites for successful rooting. First, read and understand fully what we are given. Don’t try to do anything unless you doesn’t know what exactly it is. If you have any query then ask us in comments section.
DISCLAIMER :Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- Rooting may completely wipe your datas so take a backup of all your datas before start to proceed. Once you finished the process of rooting then you can get back all the datas with the help of backup.
- Then charge your device battery fully. Atleast 70% is recommend from our side to avoid the risk of your device getting switched off during the middle of the rooting process.
- Then enable the USB Debugging mode in your device by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Completely Disable and Uninstall the antivirus tools; because this may interrupt the rooting process.
- Then install HTC Sync on your PC so that your computer recognizes the commands. You can download the same from here.
Step 1- Unlock the phone’s bootloader:
First unlock your HTC Explorer device by following the steps given in this website.
NOTE : HTC Explorer is not listed in a working device yet but it has been tested and works perfectly. Choose “all other supported models” when selecting device.
Step 2- Add a recovery:
This will allows you to install .zip ROMs. You can access to it in the menu android phones have when booting the phone after removing-inserting the battery and pressing “volume down” and “power” buttons simultaneously. (Other phones have different button combinations).
- Download the A310E Recovery.zip from here.
- Extract it in any window on your PC (ie: C:\HTC)
- Run the recovery.bat with the phone in fastboot mode (first option in the “3 android menu” ) and connected with usb.
- Now, you got the recovery installed if no errors, you can now install any compatible .zip ROM or app.
Step 3- Root the device:
- Place this Superuser.zip file somewhere in the microSD first.
- Go into the Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power button.
- Then install the Superuser.zip with the option “install .zip from sd” from the recovery menu.
NOTE : After rooting don’t restore to factory setting if you don’t want to end up in a bootloop, if this or similar happens you have to install a custom ROM to fix it.
- Once you have rooted install the “link2sd app”. It is an excellent app after making a fat32 partition of your SD with program like MiniTool partition wizard. It move all the applications directly to the SD when configuring it in automatic mode.
How to install link2sd app:
- This procedure works for both Asian and stock ROM (and any other Y suppose). Using minitool wizard make two primary fat32 partitions (not logical) of your micro SD. Plug to computer using a SD card or USB adapter (don’t plug phone by USB). The main partition at the left which will be the one detected by windows and then the second one (the rest of the available space).
- And that’s it. Select the type of Partition when opening link2SD and you will need to reboot to start moving apps (the app will ask to reboot). Note that if at anytime you clean ROM partition (option in recovery) you will need to format the second partition again as this option makes it a ext-3 format and it is not supported.
- Once in automatic, apps will install directly to the partition but if you link them manually you need to reboot to see the changes.