Here, we comes with the good news of LG Optimus 4X HD P880 smartphone users; you will be very happy to know that you can now root your smartphone so as to install the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in the form of custom ROM firmwares.
Over this article, we will be checking out on how to root LG Optimus 4X HD P880 device on any Firmware. Rooting is nothing, it allows the third party files to access the system level files so that the required customization can be done. The customization can be on the user interface front and also on the add on apps front which comes by default in the custom ROM firmwares.
Full credits will goes to the developers who have come up with the firmwares based on Android 4.1 and on Jellybean 4.1.1 versions.
Pre requisites to Root LG Optimus 4X HD P880 Smartphone:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files to your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of at least 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- So, once you have performed all the above mentioned instructions, you can head over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to root your device.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Root LG Optimus 4X HD P880 Smartphone:
- First download and install the LG USB Driver in your computer as it will be required in the due course of rooting process. Up next, download and extract the Root Kit (04xr.zip) to “c:\04x”.
- Now, download and copy “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” to your phone by connecting the phone to computer using the original USB cable.
- Head over to the path “Settings -> Security” and make sure “Unknown Sources” is ticked and disconnect the phone from the computer if it is connected.
- Now, go to the placed file “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” and open the same to install in your LG device. Once installed, open the app named as “SystemBackupTest” which will be there in your Applications list.
- Now, hold the press the power button to select “Power off and restart” and connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Make sure the phone is in “Charging Only” mode.
- In your computer, open the command prompt and ensure that you are right clicking on the command prompt to select “Run in Administrator mode”. Once the command prompt is started, enter the below mentioned commands one by one as mentioned,
- Once you enter the “root” command, wait till the device completed the process and then you will see “C:\o4xr>” in the command prompt. Now, you need to disconnect the phone connected from computer.
- Now, all you need to do is to just select the option of uninstall the “SystemBackupTest” app on your phone. (Please make sure that you are not opening the app, or else you will need to run the script again).
- After that download the “Super user” application from the Google Play Store and update all the SU binaries.
- If you want to check whether your phone is rooted or not, download and install the “Root Checker” app from the Google Play Store.
Congratulations! you have now successfully learnt on how to root LG Optimus 4X HD P880 android smartphone.
Incoming search terms:
- how to root p880
- debugging android lg 4x hd p880 application
- lg optimus 4x HD how to enter recovery mode
- LG p880 download mode
- p880 lg root
- root lg p880
- upgrade lg optimus 4x hd firmware LG-P880-V10C-JUL-20-2012