In due course of this article, we will be checking out on how to root as well as unroot your Motorola Droid Razr M Smartphone. We have summed up a detailed instructional guide below to root your device safely along with a detailed instructional guide.
Please be informed that once you have rooted your device, the warranty of your device will get void, but it can revert back once you unroot the device. The main advantage of rooting is it will help you to install the custom ROM firmwares.
As of now there is no ETA on by when there will be an official Jellybean 4.1.1 update but all thanks to the custom ROMs with which one can install this update even before it gets pushed. Full credits will goes to pedrotorresfilho XDA user for coming out with this work around.
Pre requisites to root Motorola Droid Razr M 4G LTE on any firmware:
- We strongly recommends you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- If you have decided to take backup manually, then transfer all the target files to your computer so that they are safe.
- You should have Full USB Read/Write access so as to make sure that the rooting process is successful.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of at least 20% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of rooting process.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by selecting the appropriate option in your Samsung Galaxy tab 8.9 i957 tablet, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have performed all the above mentioned instructions, you can head over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to root your Motorola Droid Razr M smartphone.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to root and Unroot Motorola Droid Razr M 4G LTE on any firmware:
- First download the Rooting and Unrooting Package from here to your computer and extract the zip package.
- Once the above mentioned package has been downloaded, you will have to also download the “Motorola Drivers” in your computer.
- And also, you will have to ensure that the Unknown sources option is enabled in your device which can be selected from the path “Config > Security > Unknown Sources” and also the Mock location from the path “Config > Developer Options > Mock Location”.
- After that connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable to PC as Media Sync – MTP (Change it after connect you phone to PC in Config > Storage > Media Sync).
- Then Run the script (Double click on .bat file from PC) from the extracted folder. Now, after following all the on screen instructions you will have to disconnect the phone once the rooting process is done.
- To check on whether the phone is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Suppose, your phone is not rooted, then refollow all the above mentioned instructions so as to root the device.
TIP : Just in case, if your smartphone refuses to boot up or say gets stuck on the Motorola Logo, long press the power button after disconnecting and refollow the above instructions from the start after restarting the device.
Congo! you have now successfully rooted your Motorola Razr M android Smartphone.
Incoming search terms:
- droid razr m att tutorial
- manually root razr m
- manually root xt907 any firmware
- motorola 4g lte tutorial
- razr m unroot
- root droid razr m 4 2 2 android