In this article we will help you to root the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device. It is one of the newest smart phablets released by Samsung. The main benefit of rooting is that one can easily install the custom ROM firmwares.
Please make a note that this rooting process will only work on Galaxy Note 2 international version with model number as N7100. You can find the model number from the path “Settings > About phone”. And also note that the warranty gets void, the only way with which the warranty can be restored by re applying with the official firmware update which you currently have it.
Pre requisites to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android smartphone:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files to your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have performed all the above mentioned instructions, you can head over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to root your device.
WARNING: We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps. So, root your device at your own risk.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android Phone:
- First download the Rooting Package for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone and odin from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded then extract the same. After that turn OFF your device so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- The Download mode in the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the volume up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned OFF.
- If the device starts in the normal mode, you need retry the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Connect your Note 2 with your computer/Laptop and then Odin you will see that the ID:COM section will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
NOTE : Just in case, if ID : COM section does not turn yellow, then install the USB Drivers in your computer and go to the path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select “cwm6-root-note2.tar.md5” and once you have selected the file, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update.
- Once the rooting process is completed successfully, the device will be restarted.
- Please make a note that the device will take numerous time than the expected for rebooting the device.
- Once you see the home screen disconnect the device. If you want to check your device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded form the Google PLAY Store.
- If the device is rooted it will show that the device is rooted, just in case if the device is not rooted then you will have to repeat the whole process.
NOTE : If you Galaxy Note 2 device does not boot up or it refuses to show up the home screen, then Long press the power button to turn it OFF and follow all the above mentioned instructions again from the start.
So there you go you have now successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2 android device on the latest firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- disable developer mode samsung galaxy note2