The users of Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone users in Poland are pushed by Samsung Electronics to update their device with XXDLIB Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update. All thanks will goes to the CF Root team who has now come up with the rooting procedure we will be checking out the same in due course of this article.
Once you have rooted your device, you can then make use of the apps which need root access and also you can install custom ROM firmwares this is one of the best part of rooting the device.
Pre requisites to Root Galaxy S3 GT I9300 on XXDLIB Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Sometimes after rooting you may require to clear/wipe all the data present in your phone so as to get away with the force close errors. So we strongly recommends you to create a backup for all the datas present in your phone.
- After creating backup download and install Samsung USB Drivers and latest version of KIES from here to your computer.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of at least 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle off firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by selecting the appropriate option in your device by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the rooting process.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 smartphone.
DISCLAIMER : Update this firmware at your own risk. We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps
How to root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 on XXDLIB 4.1.1 firmware:
- Extract the Odin zip to get Odin executable file and XXDLIB Rooting Package to get the tar file.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- To enter your Galaxy S3 into the download mode you need to press the Volume Down rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- After that Click on “PDA” to select “CF-Root-SGS3-V.6.4.tar” and then click on “Start”. Once you click on start, it will take few minutes to rooting the device.
- As soon as the device is rooted, the device will be rebooted. Once you see the home screen, you will have to disconnect the device from the computer.
NOTE : Just in case, if the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just reinsert the battery and refollow the all above mentioned instructions.
- To check on whether your device is rooted or not, then download the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store and check the same.
Congratulations! you have now successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 android smartphone.