Acer Iconia A500 Tablet users can now access the functions of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with the latest upgrade. Although this is not an official update from Acer or from Google for A500, this SDK update will almost give you a complete Android Jelly bean experience on your tablet.
Please be informed that this update has some bugs and applying this on your device will sometimes disable audio, WiFi, SD Card and USB flash drives. If you experience any more bugs, do let us know via the comments section.
Important: We and the developers of this ROM will not be held responsible or liable for the damages which might happen while following this tutorial given below.
Pre-requisites to Update Acer Iconia A500 with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Pre Release Firmware
- The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Pre release firmware update is only for the Acer Iconia A500 tablet and it should not be applied on any other devices. Also, this firmware update should not be work on the Network Locked versions of A500 tablet.
- Take full back-up of your internal data like call logs, contact list, SMS, MMS, etc of your device using data backup applications.
- Ensure that your device have a minimum battery backup of 50%. Otherwise your Acer Iconia A500 might get switched off while doing the upgrade.
- Disable all the antivirus softwares in your computer as well as your mobile device for non-interrupted ugrade.
- Enable “USB Debugging Mode” in your device by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Once you’ve done all these Pre-requisites, you can follow the main update instructions given below.
How To Update Acer Iconia A500 with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Pre Release Firmware
- If you have rooted your Acer Iconia A500 tablet already with a Custom ROM, you will need to install Acer Recovery application from Google Play Store to install this Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Pre release firmware.
- Once done, download Android 4.1 Jelly Bean package directly to your computer.
- Connect your A500 device to your computer using a data cable and transfer the downloaded package to your device.
- Once transferred, disconnect your device from the computer.
- Now turn off the device and press the Volume Down button and the Power button simultaneously to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select Nandroid backup so that if something goes wrong during the update, you can restore to the stock version of the device firmware.
- Now select Wipe data/factory reset in your device followed by Wipe Cache partition. Select advanced options and clear the Dalvik Cache to completely clear the caches of your tab.
- Once done, now select “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from SD Card” and select the Android 4.1 Jelly bean package, you have transferred to the device before. The installation process will begin and it will get finished within 5-10 minutes.
- Once it is over, the device will show the recovery mode screen. Select “Go Back” option followed by “Reboot System now”. Upon reboot, your Acer Iconia A500 will boot in the normal mode running Android 4.1 Jelly bean firmware.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed Android 4.1 Jelly bean pre-release firmware on your Acer Iconia A500 Android device.
Incoming search terms:
- acer iconia a500 jelly bean update
- acer a500 update android 4 1
- acer a500 jelly bean update
- iconia a500 4 1 updater
- Acer Iconia A500 Jelly Bean
- Acer A500 Android Update
- acer a500 android 4