The ultimate tablet, Asus Transformer Prime TF 201 Prime Tablet can now be upgraded to the latest version of AOKP build 40 firmware which ropes into the latest ICS Android 4.0 firmware in a much more customized format.
Readers need o be informed that this is not an official firmware released by Asus or Google Inc. but have been developed by third party developer. Couple we days ago a new version of Android launched which is Android 4.1 aka Jelly Bean. Still, sadly there’s no ETA given by the company for an official release Jelly Bean for Asus Transformer Prime TF 201 Prime Tablet.
Note: Once you apply this update, the warranty of your device gets void and the only way back to regain the warranty is by applying stock or official update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Asus transformer Prime TF 201 Prime with ICS AOKP Build 40 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Asus transformer Prime TF 201 Prime Tablet. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Asus transformer Prime TF 201 Prime with ICS AOKP Build 40 Firmware
- Download AOKP Build 40 Firmware Package & Google Apps Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power button.
- Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the AOKP build 40 firmware Package ROM firmware followed by Google Apps ZIP Package as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Congo! You’re done with the update.