Asus Transformer TF300T users can now take out the tablets and update them to the newly released Android Jellybean mobile operating system with the help of Beta release of Jellybean 4.1.1 Custom ROM firmware. Since this is a beta release, updating your tablets to the versions will disable some of its working functions.
- Audio playback
What doesn’t work:
- Audio volume
- Audio recording likely
- HW Video playback
In due course of this article, we will check out how to install this newly released Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware on your Asus tablets. Please be informed that this firmware release is not an official one from Google or from Asus, but from a third party developer. So proceed at your own risk.
Important: Don’t held us responsible or liable for any damages that might occur to your Asus Transformer TF300T while following this Beta build Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites To Update Asus Transformer TF300T With Beta Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This beta build Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware release is only for the Asus Transformer TF300T tablets. So, don’t try it with any other devices.
- There is a slight chance that your personal data in the tablet might get deleted while applying the update. So take complete backup of Contacts list, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc before getting started with the update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and tablet, to avoid disruption from them.
- Make sure your tablet is rooted and clock word mod recovery image is installed in your device. Otherwise this update will not work.
- Ensure that your tablet has a minimum battery backup of 60%, so that it won’t get switched off while the update process.
If you have performed all the pre-requisites, you can move ahead with the update instructions given below.
How To Update Asus Transformer TF300T With Beta Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- To get started, download Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware package & Google Apps package directly into your computer. Once done, connect your tablet to the computer and transfer the downloaded package to it.
- Upon successful transfer, disconnect the tablet from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button so that it can enter into the recovery mode, until you see the message “Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s)”. Now press volume down button once more to highlight the USB icon and press the Volume Up button to confirm it.
- In the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” and select the Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware package. The installation will begin and it will get completed within few minutes. Follow the same procedure to install the Google apps package as well.
- Once the installation is over, your tablet will land back on the recovery screen. Now select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot your tablet will boot normally.
That’s just it. Now you have successfully updated your Asus Transformer TF300T Android tablet with the beta build of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.