In due course, of this article we will be checking out on how to update Asus Transformer TF700 tablet with the latest Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware update. Please make a note that this firmware is not yet officially released, but this can be updated with the custom ROM firmware.
All thanks will goes to the recognized XDA developer hiemanshu who has come up with this update. This firmware is brought to you by Cyanogen mod 10 firmware and since this update is still in the alpha builds, you may have few errors that could be addressed in the upcoming days. Before start to apply this update, you must follow the Pre-requisites which we have given below for your goodness.
Pre Requisites to Update Asus Transformer TF700 tablet with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware :
- We strongly recommends you to take backup of all your valuable datas before start to apply this update. Just in case, if your data gets lost or corrupted due to any reasons you can easily recover your datas with the help of backup. We also advise you don’t try to backup the data with the help of ROM Manager because it may brick your device. And also don’t backup with the help of PC Suites as this is a custom ROM firmware it does not support that.
- Once you have created backup then move them all to your computer or backup so that they are safe.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging in your Asus Transformer TF700 tablet by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF during the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your device because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- As this is a custom ROM firmware you need to check whether your device is rooted or not with the help of Root Checker app which can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
- Ensure that the your device has active USB ports which have complete read/write access. Install all the drivers for Asus Transformer TF300T device in your computer.
Finally, make sure whether you have performed all the above mentioned instructions properly, after that head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Asus Transformer TF700 tablet with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware.
DISCLAIMER : We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update Asus Transformer TF700 tablet with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware :
- Initially, you need to download the Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware package and Google apps from here to your computer.
- So, once downloaded you need to connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip files in your Asus Transformer TF700 tablet.
- Once you have placed the file disconnect the tablet and turn off the same so that it can be entered into the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Asus Transformer TF700 tablet can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + Power Button. You need to hold these both buttons until you see “Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s)” message.
- After that, you need to press Volume Down once to highlight the USB icon, then press the Volume Up button to confirm the same.
- Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from SD card” and then choose the CM 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware along with Google Apps package which you have placed already in the tablet.
- Once you have select the file, it will take 5 more minutes for applying the update. After that the device will be rebooted for that it will take numerous time than the expected time.
Congrats! You’ve now successfully updated your Asus Transformer TF700 tablet with the Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- asus tf700 firmware update