Do you own an AT&T Captivate Glide I927? If yes, then here’s rejoicing news for you since now you can update your device to latest update of ICS 4.0.4 firmware officially. Unluckily, there have been no announcements made by Samsung neither AT&T about the arrival of Jellybean 4.1 officially but whenever it arrives, we’ll update you with the same but till it arrives, you can apply this all new ICS 4.0.4 firmware update.
Readers need to be aware that this firmware has been officially announced by Samsung and slowly would be pushed up to the devices via OTA and via KIES software tool.
Readers also need to keep a note of one more thing that if you are on the rooted firmware then after applying this update, the root access will be revoked.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update AT&T Captivate Glide I927 with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- This ICS 4.0.4 firmware update is available only & only for AT&T Captivate Glide I927 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update AT&T Captivate Glide I927 with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- To get started, download I927UCLG9_OneClick.exe tool in your computer.
- Now press the Volume Up button simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the boot loader mode. Press the Volume Up key then to confirm into download mode selection.
- Connect your device to the computer. Now open the downloaded executable file. Now you will see that ID:COM section is turned yellow which means all drivers have been successfully installed.
- Now, just click on ‘Start’ to initiate the process of firmware update and it would be soon finished in 4-5 minutes. As it’s down, the phone would reboot on its own.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated AT&T Captivate Glide I927 with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Android Device.