AT&T Galaxy Note i717 users will now be able to enjoy the benefits of Android ICS 4.0.4 Firmware after AT&T and Samsung have pushed the Official ICS update. This firmware update brings in lot of bug fixes, so if you are an AT&T Galaxy note user update to this firmware as soon as possible.
In due course of this article, we will check how to apply this update manually. Please note, even if you are using any of the available custom ROM firmwares for your device, you can update to this firmware without any trouble at all.
Important: If you follow the update instructions given below carefully, your device won’t experience any trouble. But if you don’t follow them carefully then your device might get bricked and we should not be held responsible.
Pre-Requisites To Update AT&T Galaxy Note i717 With Official ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- This official ICS 4.0.4 firmware update will only be applicable for Galaxy Note i717 models and not for the N7000 models. So, do check your device model before applying this update.
- During the firmware update process, there is a small chance that your personal data might get deleted. So, take complete backup of Contacts list, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., of your device using appropriate backup applications.
- Keep a minimum of 50% charge in your device battery, so that your device won’t get switched off during the update process.
- Ensure all the Galaxy Note drivers are installed on your computer. If they are not installed, visit the Samsung official website and install them.
- Disable all the antivirus applications in your smartphone and computer to avoid interruption from them.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can move on to the main update instructions which are given below.
How To Update AT&T Galaxy Note i717 With Official ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- To get started, download UCLF6 ICS 4.0.4 Package for Galaxy Note i717 smartphone to your computer. Once done, extract the package to get the I717UCLF6_I717ATTLF6_I717UCLF6_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- Up next, download Odin to your computer and extract the files. Once finished, open Odin in your computer. Now turn off your Galaxy Note.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down Key and OK button of your device, and while doing so press the power button. A warning message will appear and in that instant press the Volume Up key to make your device enter into the download mode.
- Once done, connect your smartphone to your computer using the original data cable. If you have done everything right, the ID : COM block in Odin will turn into yellow.
- Now click on “PDA” tab in Odin and select the I717UCLF6_I717ATTLF6_I717UCLF6_HOME.tar.md5 file which we have download before. Now click on “Start” to begin the firmware update and it will get finished within 4-5 minutes.
- Once installed, disconnect your smartphone from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down Key and OK button of your device, and while doing so press the power button. A warning message will appear and in that instant press the Volume down key to make your device enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition”. Once done, select “reboot system now”. Upon reboot, your smartphone will boot normally.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated your AT&T Galaxy Note i717 smartphone with Official Android ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.