AT&T Galaxy S3 users can now easily update their devices with Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware which ropes in the added features in your ICS laden Samsung Galaxy S3 device.
As of now, there’s no announcement about the ETA of Jellybean 4.1 for Galaxy SIII but until the official firmware arrives, you shall use other Custom ROM firmwares in order to grab the Jelly bean looks and features.
Readers need to be aware that this isn’t an official firmware but it’s just a custom ROM firmware developed by one of the senior XDA member.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update AT&T Galaxy S3 with Parandroid Custom ROM firmware
- This Parandroid Custom ROM firmware update is available only & only for AT&T Galaxy S3 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update AT&T Galaxy S3 with Parandroid Custom ROM firmware
- First make sure that device is rooted.
- To get started, download Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware Package & Google Apps Package in your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and transfer the packages to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up Key + Center button and while doing so, press the power button to enter recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Parandroid Custom ROM firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once done, repeat the procedure for installing the Google Apps ZIP Package.
- Once the installation is over, select “Go back” in recovery mode followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated AT&T Galaxy S3 with Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware Android Device.