It’s joy time for AT&T HTC One X customers since they can now upgrade their smartphone with the latest Asian RUU based 1.88.707.2 custom ROM firmware a.k.a Magnolia. This custom ROM brings in plenty of new features for HTC One X along with a smoother interface.
Please be informed that this firmware update is not from HTC nor from Google, but it is from a third party developer. Also, to apply this Magnolia Custom ROM firmware on your Android device, it needs to be rooted and should have custom recovery image installed on it.
Important: We and the developers will not be held any responsibility for any issues you may encounter by following the Firmware upgrade tutorial give below. Proceed at your own risk.
Pre-requisites To Update HTC One X With ICS based Magnolia Custom ROM Firmware
- This firmware update is only for AT&T HTC One X users and it should be applied on those devices. Please don’t try this with any other Android devices.
- Since we need to completely wipe out the internal date of HTC One X to perform this update, do take backups of SMS, MMS, Contacts List, Call logs, etc., with appropriate backup applications.
- Make sure that your device will have a minimum of 60% battery remaining in it, to perform this upgrade. Otherwise your device might get switched off while performing the update which will result in a catastrophe.
- Ensure that all the antivirus suites in your computer and mobile devices are turned off, for uninterrupted update.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your device by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Once you are done with these pre-requisites, you can follow the main update instructions which are given below.
How To Update HTC One X With ICS based Magnolia Custom ROM Firmware
- Before we get started with the update process, download Root Checker android app from Google Play store and check whether your device is already rooted. If not, root your device before performing this update.
- Go ahead and download Magnolia Custom ROM Firmware package from here to your computer.
- Connect your HTC One X device with your computer and transfer the file to your device. Once the transfer is over, disconnect the device from the computer.
- Now switch off the device followed by pressing and holding the Volume UP Key + OK button along with the Power button simultaneously. If you do this correctly, your device will enter into the boot loader mode.
- Now enter into the recovery mode by selecting “recovery” in the boot loader mode and select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to completely wipe out the data from your device.
- Once finished, select the “Go Back” option followed by “Reboot System Now”.
- Upon reboot, your device will once again revert back to the recovery mode. Select “install zip from SD Card” followed by “Select Zip from SD Card” and select the Magnolia Custom ROM Firmware package. The installation will begin and it will get finished within 4-7 minutes.
- Once it is over, select “Go back” option and then “Reboot system now”. Upon reboot, your device will boot in the normal mode.
Congrats! Now you have successfully installed Asian RUU based 1.88.707.2 custom ROM firmware (Magnolia Custom ROM Firmware) on your AT&T HTC One X device. Do let us know if you encounter any issues while performing this update in the comments section below.