Infintum is an AOKP ROM which is really popular one and now this Infintum ROM has arrived for AT&T Infuse 4G 1997. Over a period of article, we will check the detailed tutorial to apply this update.
In order to apply this update, you need to make sure that your device is rooted and Custom Recovery image is installed on your phone otherwise applying this update won’t be possible for you. Also, this is not an official update by Samsung Electronics. And this firmware can only be applied to ATT powered Infuse 4G 1997 devices.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update at&t Infuse 4G I997 with AOKP based Infintum Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with AT&T Infuse 4G 1997. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update at&t Infuse 4G I997 with AOKP based Infintum Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Infintum ICS Custom ROM Firmware Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume Up+ Volume down Rocker Key + Power button. Next up, in recovery mode, select the option of ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and then ‘wipe cache partition’ on the next screen. To clean data on your phone.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the Infintum ROM as you transferred the file previously to your phone and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As it’s done land back to the main recovery screen and then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung AT&T Infuse 4G I997 Android Phone boots up, you would be running AOKP based Infintum Custom ROM Firmware.